Close Menu
PRIMA NEWSPRIMA NEWS
    What's Hot

    Kogi probes deaths of four family members

    August 23, 2026

    Balaji Ingole Develops AI Tools for E-Commerce Sites

    August 23, 2026

    Kaduna Clears N18bn Pension Arrears, Boosts Infrastructure

    August 23, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    PRIMA NEWSPRIMA NEWS
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Subscribe
    • Home
    • News
      • Politics
        • Politics
        • World Politics
      • World News
        • Africa
        • Asia Pacific
        • Europe & UK
        • Middle East
      • Economy
        • Business
      • Technology
      • Metro
      • Sports
      • Entertainment
    • Prima TV
    • Prima Gallery
    • Entertainment
    • Contact
    • About Us
    PRIMA NEWSPRIMA NEWS
    Home»Latest News»FG files charges against El-Rufai for intercepting NSA’s pho
    Latest News

    FG files charges against El-Rufai for intercepting NSA’s pho

    Prima NewsBy Prima NewsFebruary 16, 2026No Comments2 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram Email Copy Link
    Follow Us
    Google News Flipboard
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    The Federal Government has filed charges against the former Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai.

    The charges, marked FHC/ABJ/CR/99/2026, were filed before the Federal High Court, Abuja Judicial Division, by the Federal Republic of Nigeria as complainant and El-Rufai as defendant.

    According to court documents seen by PUNCH Online, the prosecution claimed that on February 13, 2026, while appearing as a guest on Arise TV’s Prime Time programme in Abuja, El-Rufai admitted that he and others unlawfully intercepted the phone communications of the National Security Adviser, Nuhu Ribadu.

    In count one, the Federal Government alleges that the admission amounts to an offence contrary to and punishable under Section 12(1) of the Cybercrimes (Prohibition, Prevention, etc.) Amendment Act, 2024.

    Count two alleges that El-Rufai stated during the same interview that he knew and related with individuals who unlawfully intercepted Ribadu’s phone communications but failed to report them to relevant security agencies, contrary to Section 27(b) of the Cybercrimes Amendment Act, 2024.

    The third count also claimed that El-Rufai and others still at large, sometime in 2026 in Abuja, used technical equipment or systems to unlawfully intercept the National Security Adviser’s phone communications, an act said to have compromised public safety and national security, contrary to Section 131(2) of the Nigerian Communications Act, 2003.

    The offence in count three was said to be contrary to and punishable under Section 131(2) of the Nigerian Communications Act, 2003.

    As of the time of filing this report, no date had been fixed for El-Rufai’s arraignment.

    Details later…

    Source link

    Arise TV Cybercrimes Act Federal Government Federal High Court Nasir el-Rufai National Security Adviser Nigerian law Nigerian politics Nuhu Ribadu Phone Tapping
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Prima News
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Kogi probes deaths of four family members

    August 23, 2026

    UN continues scaling up response to earthquake in Colombia

    August 23, 2026

    Russian missiles kill 17 more in Ukraine as Guterres calls for ceasefire

    August 22, 2026
    Add A Comment

    Comments are closed.

    Top Trending

    Kogi probes deaths of four family members

    By Prima NewsAugust 23, 2026

    By Gbenga Odogun The Kogi State Government has ordered an investigation into…

    Balaji Ingole Develops AI Tools for E-Commerce Sites

    By Prima NewsAugust 23, 2026

    Balaji Ingole rarely saw televisions while growing up in Udgir, India. No…

    Kaduna Clears N18bn Pension Arrears, Boosts Infrastructure

    By Prima NewsAugust 23, 2026

    The Kaduna State Government has said increased allocations from the Federation Account…

    Latest News

    Kogi probes deaths of four family members

    By Prima NewsAugust 23, 2026

    By Gbenga Odogun The Kogi State Government has ordered an investigation into the deaths of…

    Balaji Ingole Develops AI Tools for E-Commerce Sites

    August 23, 2026

    Kaduna Clears N18bn Pension Arrears, Boosts Infrastructure

    August 23, 2026

    Subscribe to News

    Get the latest sports news from NewsSite about world, sports and politics.

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest Vimeo WhatsApp TikTok Instagram

    News

    • World
    • US Politics
    • EU Politics
    • Business
    • Opinions
    • Connections
    • Science

    Company

    • Information
    • Advertising
    • Classified Ads
    • Contact Info
    • Do Not Sell Data
    • GDPR Policy
    • Media Kits

    Services

    • Subscriptions
    • Customer Support
    • Bulk Packages
    • Newsletters
    • Sponsored News
    • Work With Us

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest news from PRIMA NEWS about politics, art, design and business.

    © 2026 PRIMA NEWS (ISSN: 2251-1237)
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms
    • Accessibility

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.