Close Menu
PRIMA NEWSPRIMA NEWS
    What's Hot

    Palestine: Killings, destruction and settler encroachment continues

    May 20, 2026

    Nigeria US Security Talks: Ribadu, Rubio Discuss Counterterr

    May 20, 2026

    US Backs Rollout of Mobile Base Stations in West Africa

    May 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    PRIMA NEWSPRIMA NEWS
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Subscribe
    • Home
    • News
      • Politics
        • Politics
        • World Politics
      • World News
        • Africa
        • Asia Pacific
        • Europe & UK
        • Middle East
      • Economy
        • Business
      • Technology
      • Metro
      • Sports
      • Entertainment
    • Prima TV
    • Prima Gallery
    • Entertainment
    • Contact
    • About Us
    PRIMA NEWSPRIMA NEWS
    Home»Politics»Makinde-backed PDP adopts Jonathan as sole presidential candidate
    Politics

    Makinde-backed PDP adopts Jonathan as sole presidential candidate

    Prima NewsBy Prima NewsMay 19, 2026No Comments2 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram Email Copy Link
    Follow Us
    Google News Flipboard
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    A faction of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) backed by Oyo State Governor, Seyi Makinde, has announced former President Goodluck Jonathan as the party’s sole presidential candidate for the 2027 general elections.

    A member of the faction’s presidential screening committee, Babangida Aliyu, made the announcement on Tuesday during the screening exercise for aspirants in Abuja.

    Mr Aliyu said the former president was granted a waiver from appearing before the screening committee because of his previous experience in public office, which, according to him, automatically qualified him for the election.

    ‘The party had already given our presidential aspirant the waiver, like I said in the beginning that he was deputy governor, became governor, became vice president, became president so we didn’t see anything that needed screening and therefore the party had given him waiver.

    “In other words, he had been declared and cleared as the candidate of the PDP for the presidential election and that is president Jonathan,” he said.

    The faction also announced a screening waiver for Taofeek Arapaja, a member of its Interim National Working Committee, who is contesting the Oyo State governorship election.

    Other governorship aspirants screened and cleared by the committee as of the time of filing this report include Myebangara Andrew from Adamawa State, Ikenya Danlami from Taraba State, Etanabene Benedict from Delta State and Abdullahi Sheriff from Yobe State.

    Details later…


    Source link

    Headline1 Jonathan pdp sole presidential candidate
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Prima News
    • Website

    Related Posts

    APC Primary: Party members in Osogbo jubilate as Adegoke, ITK clinch party tickets

    May 19, 2026

    Amaechi confident of beating Atiku to ADC ticket for 2027

    May 19, 2026

    Lawal sets up committee for 3rd anniversary of ‘Rescue Administration’

    May 18, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Top Trending

    Palestine: Killings, destruction and settler encroachment continues

    By Prima NewsMay 20, 2026

    Ajith Sunghay, Head of UN Human Rights in the Occupied Palestinian Territory…

    Nigeria US Security Talks: Ribadu, Rubio Discuss Counterterr

    By Prima NewsMay 20, 2026

    Last week, the National Security Advisor, Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, met with US…

    US Backs Rollout of Mobile Base Stations in West Africa

    By Prima NewsMay 20, 2026

    The US Trade and Development Agency has unveiled plans to support the…

    Latest News

    Palestine: Killings, destruction and settler encroachment continues

    By Prima NewsMay 20, 2026

    Ajith Sunghay, Head of UN Human Rights in the Occupied Palestinian Territory (OPT), launched its…

    Nigeria US Security Talks: Ribadu, Rubio Discuss Counterterr

    May 20, 2026

    US Backs Rollout of Mobile Base Stations in West Africa

    May 20, 2026

    Subscribe to News

    Get the latest sports news from NewsSite about world, sports and politics.

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest Vimeo WhatsApp TikTok Instagram

    News

    • World
    • US Politics
    • EU Politics
    • Business
    • Opinions
    • Connections
    • Science

    Company

    • Information
    • Advertising
    • Classified Ads
    • Contact Info
    • Do Not Sell Data
    • GDPR Policy
    • Media Kits

    Services

    • Subscriptions
    • Customer Support
    • Bulk Packages
    • Newsletters
    • Sponsored News
    • Work With Us

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest news from PRIMA NEWS about politics, art, design and business.

    © 2026 PRIMA NEWS (ISSN: 2251-1237)
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms
    • Accessibility

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.