Close Menu
PRIMA NEWSPRIMA NEWS
    What's Hot

    UN continues scaling up response to earthquake in Colombia

    August 23, 2026

    ChatGPT Can Take Over Your iMessages. But Do You Really Want That?

    August 23, 2026

    US Court Allows Private FBI Review, Sets August 28 Deadline

    August 23, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    PRIMA NEWSPRIMA NEWS
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Subscribe
    • Home
    • News
      • Politics
        • Politics
        • World Politics
      • World News
        • Africa
        • Asia Pacific
        • Europe & UK
        • Middle East
      • Economy
        • Business
      • Technology
      • Metro
      • Sports
      • Entertainment
    • Prima TV
    • Prima Gallery
    • Entertainment
    • Contact
    • About Us
    PRIMA NEWSPRIMA NEWS
    Home»Africa»Nigeria Christian group disputes army rescue claim in Kaduna church attack
    Africa

    Nigeria Christian group disputes army rescue claim in Kaduna church attack

    Prima NewsBy Prima NewsApril 7, 2026No Comments2 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram Email Copy Link
    Follow Us
    Google News Flipboard
    Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) chairman for the northern region, Reverend ⁠John Joseph Hayab.
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email
     A Nigerian Christian group on Monday disputed an assertion by the army that it had rescued 31 people who ​were abducted by armed men in northern Kaduna state, saying ‌that the victims remained in captivity.
    The Nigerian Army said on Sunday that troops had freed the civilians after gunmen stormed a church in Ariko village in Kaduna’s ​Kachia district, while five people were found dead at the ​scene.
    Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) chairman for the northern region, Reverend ⁠John Joseph Hayab, denied any rescue had taken place.
    “Yes, the military ​are doing their best to get them back home, but it is ​not fair for the military to claim that the victims have been rescued,” Hayab told Reuters by phone.
    “Now we have misinformation. When we are busy denying, we are ​just giving the bandits the opportunity to strike and go freely,” ​he added.
    The Kurtumi Unity Development Association, a local resident group in Ariko, also dismissed ‌the ⁠army’s assertion, saying it was “entirely false, misleading and does not reflect the current situation”.
    Local resident and former Ariko village head Iliya Audu put the final death toll at seven, not five, and said the burials had ​been held on ​Monday.
    “We are just ⁠returning from the burial of those killed. No single soul was rescued,” said Audu.
    The Nigerian Army and Defence Headquarters ​did not respond to repeated requests for comment on ​Monday.
    CAN ⁠has previously challenged official accounts of kidnappings, including last November when it disputed security forces’ figures following the abduction of students from a Catholic school ⁠in ​Niger state.
    Nigeria is under scrutiny from U.S. President ​Donald Trump who says that Christians are being persecuted, which the government denies.
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Prima News
    • Website

    Related Posts

    IJEBULAND: Inside story of the Awujale succession crisis

    August 23, 2026

    Tinubu’s 2027 campaign council is ‘rehabilitation centre for corruption suspects’

    August 22, 2026

    APC chairman collapses, dies at reconciliation meeting in Kogi

    August 22, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Top Trending

    UN continues scaling up response to earthquake in Colombia

    By Prima NewsAugust 23, 2026

    According to latest official figures, the 7.4 magnitude quake has left more…

    ChatGPT Can Take Over Your iMessages. But Do You Really Want That?

    By Prima NewsAugust 23, 2026

    OpenAI has launched a new ChatGPT feature that could set off privacy…

    US Court Allows Private FBI Review, Sets August 28 Deadline

    By Prima NewsAugust 23, 2026

    US Court has allowed private FBI review and set August 28 deadline…

    Latest News

    UN continues scaling up response to earthquake in Colombia

    By Prima NewsAugust 23, 2026

    According to latest official figures, the 7.4 magnitude quake has left more than 200 dead…

    ChatGPT Can Take Over Your iMessages. But Do You Really Want That?

    August 23, 2026

    US Court Allows Private FBI Review, Sets August 28 Deadline

    August 23, 2026

    Subscribe to News

    Get the latest sports news from NewsSite about world, sports and politics.

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest Vimeo WhatsApp TikTok Instagram

    News

    • World
    • US Politics
    • EU Politics
    • Business
    • Opinions
    • Connections
    • Science

    Company

    • Information
    • Advertising
    • Classified Ads
    • Contact Info
    • Do Not Sell Data
    • GDPR Policy
    • Media Kits

    Services

    • Subscriptions
    • Customer Support
    • Bulk Packages
    • Newsletters
    • Sponsored News
    • Work With Us

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest news from PRIMA NEWS about politics, art, design and business.

    © 2026 PRIMA NEWS (ISSN: 2251-1237)
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms
    • Accessibility

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.