Close Menu
PRIMA NEWSPRIMA NEWS
    What's Hot

    Ebola outbreak becomes deadliest in DR Congo’s history

    August 18, 2026

    Millions earn daily. This Cameroonian startup wants banks to lend to them.

    August 18, 2026

    Defence Minister Warns Against Last-Minute Election Security

    August 18, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    PRIMA NEWSPRIMA NEWS
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Subscribe
    • Home
    • News
      • Politics
        • Politics
        • World Politics
      • World News
        • Africa
        • Asia Pacific
        • Europe & UK
        • Middle East
      • Economy
        • Business
      • Technology
      • Metro
      • Sports
      • Entertainment
    • Prima TV
    • Prima Gallery
    • Entertainment
    • Contact
    • About Us
    PRIMA NEWSPRIMA NEWS
    Home»Sports»Salah Starts Final Liverpool Game Amidst Exit Rumours
    Sports

    Salah Starts Final Liverpool Game Amidst Exit Rumours

    Prima NewsBy Prima NewsMay 24, 2026No Comments2 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram Email Copy Link
    Follow Us
    Google News Flipboard
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Mohamed Salah was in the starting line-up in his Liverpool farewell against Brentford on Sunday, days after making explosive comments about the team’s playing style under manager Arne Slot.

    The “Egyptian King” leaves Anfield after a glittering nine-year spell at the club, bidding farewell alongside Scotland defender Andy Robertson, who also joined in 2017.

    Salah, 33, was last to emerge from the tunnel into bright sunshine at Anfield, accompanied by his two daughters. Robertson, 32, was accompanied by his three children.

    Both names were met with a deafening roar when introduced by the stadium announcer in a party atmosphere.

    Banners in the crowd celebrated both players, one saying “Thank you legends”. Another said: “We Have Gone From Great To Glory. Salah Is Our King”.

    In a social media post following last week’s defeat at Aston Villa, Egypt forward Salah said he wanted to see a return to “heavy metal football”, referring to the approach under former Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp.

    The post was liked by multiple members of the current squad, who have endured a painful campaign after winning the Premier League last season.

    Slot, speaking on Friday, said he did not think Salah’s comments had undermined him.

    “I think Mo was really happy with the style we played last year as it lead to us winning the league,” he said in a pointed remark.

    “Football has changed, football has evolved but we both want what is best for Liverpool and that is for us to compete for trophies, which we haven’t done this season.”

    Salah has scored 257 goals since his arrival at Anfield, behind only Ian Rush (346) and Roger Hunt (285) in Liverpool’s list of leading goalscorers.

    He has also won multiple trophies at the club including the Champions League and two Premier League titles.

    Salah, whose departure was announced in March, told reporters in December his relationship with Slot had broken down.

    He was the Premier League’s top-scorer last season, with 29 goals, but his form has dipped dramatically in the current campaign and he has managed just seven goals in the league.

    Liverpool are set to take the fifth Champions League spot. They went into Sunday’s final day of the Premier Leage season three points ahead of sixth-placed Bournemouth with a significantly better goal difference.

    AFP

    Source link

    Andy Robertson Anfield Arne Slot Egyptian King EPL Football liverpool fc Mohamed Salah Premier League Transfer news
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Prima News
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Arsenal set new asking price for Gabriel Martinelli

    August 18, 2026

    Okocha Goal Against Oliver Kahn: “Changed My Life”

    August 18, 2026

    NFF Orders Super Falcons Technical Crew to Step Down After WAFCON Disappointment

    August 18, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Top Trending

    Ebola outbreak becomes deadliest in DR Congo’s history

    By Prima NewsAugust 18, 2026

    According to local authorities, the disease has killed 2,325 people, surpassing the…

    Millions earn daily. This Cameroonian startup wants banks to lend to them.

    By Prima NewsAugust 18, 2026

    18 août 2026 Hello , Welcome back to Francophone Weekly by TechCabal,…

    Defence Minister Warns Against Last-Minute Election Security

    By Prima NewsAugust 18, 2026

    The Minister of Defence, Gen. Christopher Musa (retd.), has warned security agencies…

    Latest News

    Ebola outbreak becomes deadliest in DR Congo’s history

    By Prima NewsAugust 18, 2026

    According to local authorities, the disease has killed 2,325 people, surpassing the 2,299 deaths recorded…

    Millions earn daily. This Cameroonian startup wants banks to lend to them.

    August 18, 2026

    Defence Minister Warns Against Last-Minute Election Security

    August 18, 2026

    Subscribe to News

    Get the latest sports news from NewsSite about world, sports and politics.

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest Vimeo WhatsApp TikTok Instagram

    News

    • World
    • US Politics
    • EU Politics
    • Business
    • Opinions
    • Connections
    • Science

    Company

    • Information
    • Advertising
    • Classified Ads
    • Contact Info
    • Do Not Sell Data
    • GDPR Policy
    • Media Kits

    Services

    • Subscriptions
    • Customer Support
    • Bulk Packages
    • Newsletters
    • Sponsored News
    • Work With Us

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest news from PRIMA NEWS about politics, art, design and business.

    © 2026 PRIMA NEWS (ISSN: 2251-1237)
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms
    • Accessibility

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.